Make Room…

It was until recently I realized that I have always been a keeper. I hold on to people, memories, moments and things. Now, because I love keeping memories in every way I can, I gradually got used to holding on to everything; the good, some bad and a few ugly, until I came across the concept of DECLUTTERING.

[18] “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
[19] See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
(NIV)

Isaiah 43:18-19

I never knew ‘holding on’ could have a bad side to it. But before I knew it, I had a lot of things hanging around me. From the needed to those things and people that weren’t healthy for me.

The scripture above gives a solid advice to me and you; do not dwell on the things that have happened before now. Stick to the new.

[13] Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
[14] I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
(NKJV)

Philippians 3:13-14

Recently, I finally had time to go through my big bags of clothes at home. Before this time, my sister had tried hard to make me see that I had outgrown most wears which meant I didn’t need them anymore. I’d insisted the opposite because I felt I needed all of them. I mean, why do away with precious clothes acquired with money right?

Then came the day for rearranging. It eventually happened that 90% of the supposed ‘precious clothes’ had no use to me anymore. The remaining 10% were great clothes that I had forgotten totally about.

What are you holding on to? Who is that person that’s taking over your mind and heart? Or is it an experience that has gotten you scarred and is all you think about? It is time for you to make room for the Father in your heart. Simply open up to Him and let Him know how much you need Him.

[9] But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(ESV)

2 Corinthians 12:9

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.